Influencer marketing is a new term in the industry. However, the practice is not new just the concept is new with added features and functionalities to drive sales, boost conversions, promote growth, and improve brand awareness. In recent years a survey was also conducted by Influencer Marketing Hub and as per the statistics revealed this has become the fastest and the most rewarding method for persuading customers to make a purchase.
With so many introductions under the entire umbrella of influencer marketing like micro-influencers, macro-influencers, and nano-influencers; local influencers also make their own niche and prominence.
In this article, let us get a complete understanding of what is a local influencer and how is it beneficial for growing small businesses. By definition, a local influencer is a local person with a regional focus that has high influential power among his or her followers.
Whether you step ahead on hunting how to find Twitter influencers, Instagram influencers, YouTube influencers, or any other social media influencer, if you are looking for a local influencer you should be assured that the person has a regional focus and belongs to the same area where your business is established and where exactly you plan to market your business. These mainly work wonders for local businesses like restaurants, hotels, photographers, or local fashion stores.
Why Are Local Influencers a Better Choice for Small Businesses
Here are some of the key reasons why local influencers have made a strong presence in the marketing campaigns of small businesses:
- These are people who regularly make their posts sharing their likes, dislikes, and perceptions. This, in turn, makes them more authentic about their interest and approach among their respective followers. Authenticity has always been a key parameter for all brands looking for success stories.
- These influencers are more affordable when compared to macro-influencers because they stick to the market value of their region rather than comparing with high paying cities where the cost of livelihood is extremely high.
- The engagement rates are higher because they have a local audience to connect with and share their interests and requirements.
- These influencers have the art to streamline the audience base on the required demographics.
How to Connect with Local Influencers
It is very important to connect with the right influencer and in the right manner. Here are a few steps to help you connect rightly:
- The first step is to understand how to identify influencers. In order to identify local influencers, you need to first figure what you are your goal and what you want from your audience. Whether you are looking for call-to-action, sales conversions, increased website visits, or simply brand awareness; this planning makes you get through the most appropriate influencer. You can also find local influencers using influencer identification tools like Afluencer, Kred, BuzzSumo, LittleBird, and NinjaOutreach.
- The second step is to create a budget for your marketing campaign. This also includes the fee of your selected local influencer. Do keep in mind you are relying on them for your brand awareness and credibility so whatever action you take and whatever budget you plan, you have to be assured that your influencer stays happy working for you.
- The third step is to build a strong relationship with your influencer. This you can do with sharing your views and comments with each other and discussing the further plans for designing and executing the campaign. Then start with the real work put to action and start persuading your influencers.
How to Engage & Leverage Local Influencers
Collaborating with local influencers and churning out the best outcomes need some sort of leveraging to boost your business growth. Here are some of the measures that define the best ways to partner with local influencers:
- Firstly, enhance your social media presence through the help of local influencers. Help them help you in the best possible ways.
- Secondly, convey your influencers to mention your brand names, tags, and hashtags wherever possible.
- Thirdly, use sponsored posts wherever possible because through local influencers sponsored posts to have the power to grow enormously from 1 million to 12 million in a span of one year.
- Fourthly, you need to create content related to and aligned to your brand in a way that the influencers work to do something creative and innovative every time he or she presents your product to his or her followers.
- You even have an option to share your social media credentials with your local influencer and give him or her the opportunity to take over your social presence. This can happen only when you build a strong level of trust with each other.
- Do ask your influencers to share honest reviews about your products or services. However, make sure to provide your products or services for free to them.
- Ask your influencer to create product tutorial stories, videos, or interesting posts to have higher engagement and higher response in terms of reviews, recommendations, and testimonials.
After understanding the entire concept of placing local influencers in your marketing campaign, just wait and analyze the outcomes. However, always remember it is your brand, your product, your services, so it is important to keep a thorough check and track on the performance of your marketing campaign run by the local influencer. Do keep in mind, if you don’t care why the appointed influencer will care for your brand. You have to show your involvement and engagement to ensure high level of profitability from the executed plan.