Push back pallet racks are designed for high-density, multiple-product storage, making the most of your storage area and providing easy selectively. It helps simplify the storage and retrieval of products in warehouses and distribution centers that experience medium turnover of 2 or more pallets of the same product SKU. Constructed of telescoping carriages, this system can store pallets two, three, four or five deep, stocking and picking the pallets from the same aisle by reflex equipment. This last-in/first-out rotation system minimizes the space required to stock product.
Here’s how it works – each level is constructed of rolling rails that a set of trolleys travel on carrying the pallet loads. The rails are built with a small incline, lower at the front, which allows the trolleys/pallet loads to roll forward, by force of gravity, when the pallet at the very front of the aisle is removed.
- Each level of racking is constructed of two or three parallel trolleys at varying heights.
- The first pallet load is placed, by forklift, onto the highest of the trolleys.
- When the second pallet is ready to be loaded, the first pallet is pushed back, by forklift, onto the next set of trolleys.
- If your system is designed to hold pallet loads 3, 4 or 5 deep, then the process is repeated until the last pallet loaded rests directly on the rolling rails, instead of the trolleys.
- Features and Benefits of Pallet Flow Pallet Racks
- Ideal for operations that stock 2 or more pallets of medium turnover products with the same SKU.
- Each level contains the same product SKU, which improves your inventory control.
- Excellent space utilization with a minimum height of space wasted.
- The chance of possible product damage is decreased by storing it up off the floor and reducing the number of times a load is handled.
- Reduction in maneuvering time results in reduced labor costs.
- Primary Components of Pallet Flow Pallet Racks Systems are:
- Upright Frames
- Front, Middle & Top Beams
- Trolley Controls
- Rail Supports
- Safety Devices
- Leveling Plates
If you are looking for high density, compact storage, and your product mix consists of 2 or more pallets of medium turnover product with the same SKU, then Push Back Pallet Racks could be your answer. Talk to your material handling product export like Equip2go about your options and have them help you design a system that meets your specific needs and find out for yourself how much time and money you can save by maximizing the existing space you have.
Author Bio: Pragnesh Patel is a Digital Marketing Consultant @ www.ourblogpost.com with more than 8 years of experience in SEO, SEM, SMO, blogging, etc having a wide knowledge base into content marketing.