Are you an MBBS aspirant? Are you looking for the best Medical College? How about getting your degree overseas? World’s best universities are now reachable with no difficulties for Indian students. Many foreign countries are offering seats in top medical colleges at affordable fees. If you’re an aspirant trying to get adequate information about studying medicine abroad, then well you’ve found the right place.
Foreign countries like Russia, Ukraine, Bangladesh, Philippines are now providing medical courses to Indian/International students at a reasonable price compared to private medical colleges. MBBS in Russia is one of the prominent choices that could definitely be the best destination to pursue medicine.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia:
- 12th Marks & NEET Exam rank: A student should have got at least 50% marks in Physics/Chemistry/Biology/English in 12th standard for the general category. All reserved category candidates having aggregate 40% marks can apply as well.
- Age: The candidate’s age must be minimum of 17 years and a maximum of 25 years old during the time of admission.
- NEET Qualification is Mandatory.
MBBS Admission Process in Russia for Indian Students
Russian universities have a very simplified admission procedure. Anyone with a senior secondary school certificate with physics, biology, and chemistry as compulsory subjects is eligible to apply. While some universities don’t even have a minimum percentage requirement. Students may have to appear for an entrance exam conducted by some of the Russian universities for admission to the MBBS program. However, these entrance exams are not as competitive as other medical exams like NEET, MCAT, etc. Where your basic knowledge in subjects like biology, chemistry, and English are tested.
Students can directly apply from the university website. After submission of an online application, you might have to save a copy of it and submit it along with other required documents with an official signature. It is, although, not mandatory for all universities.
Documents Required for Admission to MBBS in Russia
- Application form
- Mark sheets of Class 12th and 10th
- Transcripts must be translated either into English or Russian
- Copy of a passport
- Passport size photographs
The first step to get a Study Visa to Russia is by getting a student invitation form from the immigration office. Universities oversee this process and apply for the form on behalf of students. It takes about 2 to 6 weeks for the form to be ready once all the necessary paperwork is submitted. Then, the university will forward it to students by post or fax.
Upon receiving the invitation form, students must fill out an online visa application form available on the Russian immigration website and submit the following documents:
- Original invitation letter
- Passport with at least two years validity
- Secondary school certificate legalized by apostolic stamp
- The medical certificate with HIV negative report
- 2 passport size photographs
The Russian student visa is valid for only one year and students must renew it annually for the duration of the program.
Fee Structure for MBBS in Russia
Candidates are often worried about the fee structure and the cost of living in Russia while planning to pursue an MBBS course in Russia. But it’s a fact that the tuition fee in medical colleges of Russia is quite less when compared with the fees in private medical colleges in India.
And most medical universities have scholarship programs for international students. And the cost of living is also affordable in Russia.
Reasons to consider Russia for MBBS studies:
- Availability of seats: The medical universities have enough seats for all the students, including international students, and a huge patient to doctor ratio for them to practice medicine.
- Recognized Degrees: The universities in Russia offer globally recognized degrees that are accredited by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and World Health Organization (WHO). This gives opportunities for the students to practice medicine in any country they find comfortable.
- Students are trained in MCI screening exams so that they can register to practice in India: Professors of institutions are aware of MCI rules and curriculum of these examinations and aspire to simultaneously train MCI screening exams. In addition, a student is also prepared for the USMLE Entrance Examination, which is needed if they wish to study or practice in the USA.
- Languages of course: The medium of education is English and students who wish to practice in Russia can choose the Russian language as a medium.
- Accommodation: The universities offer hostel facilities, with well-furnished rooms for the ease of MBBS students.
- Food: Along with the Russian cuisine, Indian students can find Indian cuisine as well.
Some of the top medical universities in Russia are as follows:
- Kazan Federal Medical University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Petrozavodsk State University
Don’t miss the chance if you have any queries then you can consult leading overseas education consultants. They will support and guide you with different options available based on your requirements to pursue MBBS in Ukraine, Russia, Bangladesh, Philippines, Poland, or in any foreign country and fulfill your dream of becoming a DOCTOR!